echo in ini

edited November 2014 in Help request
I know there's a way to echo inside an ini file but I can't find it. Seems like I've even done it before... Print? Say? Echo?

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Inside an INI? Not sure what you mean. What would be an example of usage?

In code you can of course with orxLOG:

orxLOG("Say something like %s", myString);
  • edited November 2014
    Wanted to be sure an included ini was actually getting included. Related to my Animation post. I'm pretty sure now that it's getting loaded though. I just can't figure out what's going on. Thanks!
  • edited November 2014
    Ah well if your ini is being called from a main ini, you can just rename it or move it out of the folder temporarily.

Then watch Orx complain in the terminal window that starts up with your game window.
  • edited November 2014
    You can also execute regular commands from within the config files. Ie. the commands will get executed when the config files are loaded.

In this case, you can add a simple log at the beginning of .ini files, something like, in foo.ini:
    % log "foo.ini is loaded!"

More about this here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/orx-dev/KwdyJvRwSF0

Lastly, for files included directly from another config file using the @my_include.ini@ syntax, when run in debug, orx will log messages when it starts/stops processing those inclusion.