A window can't be killed.

Sometimes I crash or exist from VS with orx, there could be a console window, runs well.But you can't kill it.You even can't shut down your OS because of this window.

You can see it in the task manager application tab.But the strangest things is that you can't see the process in the process table and you can't see it with tasklist command. And can't kill it with the task manager.

mushrooms_bug.png

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I can scale it, but the delete button is disable.
    And the process tab can't find it.

mushrooms_bug2.png
  • edited June 2010
    And can't list in tasklist or kill with taskkill.
    And this is not the first time it occur.
    This is a big problem, because everytime I meet it,I need to shut down my PC with power button.
    It can't shut down in windows............

mushrooms_bug3.png
  • edited June 2010
    Now I pushed the shut down button in windows. But It can disable the function........Even the other processes didn't exit.It disable the shut down function perfect.
    It's so strong if it is a virus......
    I don't know why sometimes Orx Create it.Not the Win32 window, Always the console window, Is it something special?

_______4.png
  • edited June 2010
    This is very strange. It's the first time someone reported something like this.

Unfortunately, it's not orx which creates the console windows, but VS itself. Orx doesn't have any control over the console, and if the process doesn't exist anymore, there's nothing we can do on our side unfortunately.

In the past, I've had conflicts between VS2005 and a virtual desktop manager, it took me a long time to figure it out and I had to switch to another virtual desktop manager. Maybe you're suffering of some conflicts of the same kind. Could be OpenGL + shaders + your current driver + VS or anything else, really hard to find out.

A very fast work around would be to use orx in a console-less mode (using WinMain + orx_WinExecute()) and check the log and debug files for outputs.

If you find where the conflict lies, I'll be interested to know what it was!
  • edited June 2010
    It's a security fix problem from microsoft.To visit this thread:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsdebug/thread/e6d4a4f5-7002-401a-90e1-6174d7f9e3ca

Here's the answer for 32bit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982551

Thanks to iarwain for find these. I have fix this problem